Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday America





























It was a great Independence Day. Full of fun, candy, fireworks, and cute outfits. The day started out with a local community parade. Katelyn was mostly concerned about how much candy she could get !! And Maddie was busy trying to steal Katelyn's candy ! It was a great time to reflect on how lucky we are to live in this free land. Not all people have these freedoms that we take for grated and the opportunities that we have here. Grandpa Merrell joined us for the parade and I am sure enjoyed watching the girls experience the parade and crowds. After the parade, we went to village inn for breakfast. I then had to go to work, yes I know, I said work. So Patrick and Grandma Merrell took the girls to the local carnival for some fun. To my surprise they all got face paintings. I must say they looked great !! Late that day I met them for the firework show. Before we left Katelyn told us that she was scared of the fireworks because they are so loud. So if you look close in the picture, she is wearing Patrick's protective earmuffs !! She never complained so I guess they worked. All in all, it was a great day and a great holiday. Happy 4th of July everyone.

No comments: