Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh thank heaven for the golden arches

Image:McDonald's Corporate Logo.svg


It was a great afternoon. The sun was shinning, the girls playing in the pool, and here I am picking apricots off the tree. Katelyn had come over to join us (me and Tona- mother in law) in our efforts of trying to reach the apricots with no ladder. I am literally up this big apricot tree when i hear this screaming coming from below. Katelyn was now lying on the ground crying hysterically and holding up her foot. I climb down the tree as fast as I could to see what is the matter. Apparently she was stung by a bee (maybe two) !! Yes a bee. Poor Katelyn. Great, I think, here is my very sensitive child crying from a bee sting. Not sure what to do from here, I ask Tona and thankfully, from having 7 kids of her own, rushed to my aid. We scoop her up and take her inside. Those of you who don't know, you mix up baking soda with a little water and put it right on the sting. So there we sitting on my bed watching Dora the explorer, Katleyn still crying. Oh sorry, i skipped some of the story. Anyways, her foot starts to swell up and turns red(all normal according to the nurse.) So two dora's, and two einsteins later. Or was it a dora and an einstein later, i can't remember. I ask her if she wants to go to old mac donald's (code for Mcdonalds restraunt). She says yes, still crying so i get everyone dressed and ready to go. Katelyn can't walk at this point so i grab the baby stroller and push her out to the car and away we went. I kid you not, the moment we set foot(or should I say I set foot) in Mcdonald's she wanted to go play and said she could walk. I did not hear a word about her foot the whole time that we were there and have only heard her say that he foot hurts twice since we got back. So I say thank heavens for Mcdonalds, the hero of my day !! Good night and watch out for those bees !!

2 comments:

Jamie Newson said...

McDonald's to the rescue!!!! Kimber knows McDonald's well too. I am glad that Katelyn is ok from the stings.

Brittany said...

Ohhh! I hate bees. Because of my irrational fear of them Christian now runs away from anything that buzzes!