Thursday, February 17, 2011

Project Life Week 4

Here is my next week of Project Life. The first picture is of Noah sitting on Patrick's lap. Patrick was trying to do our taxes but all Noah wanted to do was sit on his lap. Noah is such a daddy's boy. Whenever Patrick is home, Noah will not leave him alone. Noah got his wish and he was so happy to be sitting with his daddy. The next picture is of Tyler, Patrick, Paul, and Danny. Tyler is Patrick's brother and he was in town. He is in the Air Force and is over in Italy right now. We got together at Danny's (Patrick's brother) house for dinner. It was great to see him again. The next picture is of Katelyn. She was having a rough day and so Patrick was trying to talk to her. She ended up staying home from school and just was not her self the whole day. Poor thing.

This is the last page for January and it worked out perfectly to have it be a divider between the month of January and my traditional 12x12 layouts. I had really wanted to put everything in one album, to have everything all together and all in one place. Both my project life and my traditional 12x12 pages. The first year I did project life I had everything separated. One album for project life and the next one was for my layouts. It worked. But last year I tried to put everything together and I loved it. So when you looked through it, everything from that year was in one place. So I think this might be the best solution that I have come up with. 

I really like putting together layouts. And I really like doing project life so I didn't want to stop doing one and not do the other. So I am going to do both. I am not going to do as many layouts this year as I have in the past. I am going to try to include most stuff into the project life style. But there is the satisfaction that I get when I play with patterned paper, embellishments, pictures ect. To see the final end result, the two page layout is really rewarding to me and I love to buy and use scrapbook products. 

This next page is a collage I put together of extra pictures of when Patrick took Maddie up skiing. On the other side is the 12x12 page I did and I will show you that next. So I had extra pictures from that day that I couldn't fit all on one layout and so I made a collage. 
This is the layout that I put together of their "SKI DATE". In January Patrick took Maddie up to Deer Valley(where he teaches) and they had a great day out on the slopes. She didn't want to stop skiing. This layout I did really quick and just used products that I had on hand. So a simple yet finished layout and I had fun doing it. It has been a while since I have done a layout. I have plans to do a two page layout of our overnighter up at Midway for our anniversary and then also this month Patrick took the kids to the Air Force Museum with Uncle Tyler, Danny and his kids. So those will be all the layouts for January. I will share them when I get them done. 
This the first page for February. Since I am not doing a picture of the day, or even a weekly version of project life it really is easy to fit whatever I need to on a page and divide the so called weeks up. I think I will probably do a weekly based project life next year though. That sounds like a good idea. We will see. So since I have the layouts in the middle of the two pages I just put some pics from February in there and will keep going on the other side. This way of doing it seems to be working for me and so we will see how it goes. 

The first picture on this page is of the two Potato Heads that Maddie and Katelyn put together. They were very proud of them and so they took them up to my room and set them on the night stand. To keep them safe from Noah !! So cute. I do want to remember stuff like this. The next picture is of Maddie and Patrick having their first Maddie + Daddy day. I read an article about this idea in the newspaper and loved it. So each month the kids get to pick an activity to do just with daddy. They get to choose what the activity is and the day falls on which ever day that they were born on. Since Maddie's birthday is March 1 her day is the first. So each month on the first she gets to do something with Patrick. And Katelyn and Noah each get a turn and it was a big hit. I think I already blogged about it so sorry for the description again. Forgot. The next picture is of Maddie playing with some of the Toy Story toys. Toy Story is huge in our house right now and it was so cute to find Maddie playing with her toys that morning. So I think this might be the longest post in history so if you are still reading this you should get a medal.

It is so late and I need to go to bed. Until next time. Take care everyone.

No comments: