Sunday, August 19, 2012

Project Life Week 18

So . . .

I know I said that I would share this on Friday and I'm really sorry. When I did that particular blog post I forgot that Friday was my birthday !! I know, who forgets their own birthday. Well we spent the weekend celebrating and such.

And now here I am sharing today. It is going to be a quick post, because I have a lot to do today with school starting tomorrow. And since we haven't done anything for the past two days but party !!

Week 18 | April 30 - May 6.

A combination of being in Utah and then coming home with some shots from Patrick thrown in the first part of the week. And the planting of the garden.

THE FIRST PAGE :


THE PICTURES :

Patrick saw this out on the job site. 

Brush from here.


THE JOURNALING CARDS :

LEFT SIDE : Talks about getting emails from Patrick's parents. They are away on a church mission right now.

RIGHT SIDE : Patrick snapped this picture while on the job site of a road runner. 


LEFT SIDE : While in Utah visiting my parents we always go to this cupcake shop. It is amazing, the owner even won CUPCAKE WARS on TV !!

Scalloped oval from Mya Road. Washi tape from the party store. Letters from Basic Grey. 

RIGHT SIDE : Another thing I always try to do when I'm in Utah is to go to IKEA. I saved on the paper rulers that they had and put it on the journaling card.


INSERT : This is what it looks like in the book.

This was the week that we bought my minivan while I was up in Utah. So I wanted to do a little insert about the story. I used on one Ali Edwards 6x12 journaling pages. I printed out the journaling onto cardstock and then printed out the picture separately. I like the way it looks when I do it hybrid, then I added my embellishments. Super simple.


 THE LAST PAGE : One picture from my parents house and the rest were of planting the garden.


THE PICTURES :

Me out in the garden.

Brush from here


Me again.


Stickers from October Afternoon. They have a whole garden themed line. Love it !!


THE JOURNALING CARDS :

LEFT SIDE : Washi tape.

RIGHT SIDE : A picture of our already ripe strawberry. YUM. 


LEFT SIDE : I kept one of the tomato sticks so that I could put it on my journaling card. Added to the card a list of what we planted.

RIGHT SIDE :  I signed up for the Studio Calico kit this month and received it this week.


That is the end of Week 18. Still trying to stay simple. Life just seems to get more hectic as time goes on. I'm excited that school is starting tomorrow and am hopeful that I can find some time to try to get some more PL weeks done.

1 comment:

MaryRuth said...

looks amazing! thanks for sharing!