Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Weekend Lens

Hello everybody !!

Last weekend the kids and I took a little road trip to visit my Brother and Sister-in law.  They had purchased their first house down by the coast a few months ago and we have been trying to get down there ever since.

Here we are in the driveway about to take off.


I have to say that we had a grand old time. Lots of lounging around for me, playing for the kids. They have a dog, and of course that's all the kids wanted to do. We did manage to sneak in a trip to the beach, a shopping trip at ikea, a quick trip to the local scrapbook store for me ( I don't have one in town anymore), movies at night with peanut butter waffles topped off with ice cream and chocolate sauce, it was heaven.

The kids played with chalk on the driveway all weekend. Courteous of their aunt and uncle.



 Playing with the dog was #1 on the priority list.




We enjoyed an afternoon at the beach. Even though it was a little cold that didn't stop the kids from playing in the water.


The kids would run into the water, splash around for a half second and then run right out ! It was hilarious to watch.


Me and Noah made an awesome Sand Castle.



Ta Da !! I promise, I do feed this kid ! All day, every day.


Noah was the official rock miner for the sand castle.


 When it was done the kids named it Rock Mountain.


Maddie decided she needed a sand castle.


We made time to BBQ. It was super delicious.


It was so nice to get away from real life for a few days. This past week I was under the weather. Exhausted, body aches, ect. So needless to say I didn't get much done.

I did manage to finish a Simple Stories assignment and I had sooooooo much fun !! Stay tuned next week as I will share the whole layout with you and on the Simple Stories blog. Until then here is a sneak peak !



I am also almost done with week 7. I was hoping to finish it last week but did not. I will share some time this week !!

* Also - I am still planning on doing my tutorial for you all. I promise !! Will start on it soon.

Have a great day everyone !!

No comments: