Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Disney's Cars Land Layout (Simple Stories Say Cheese)

Good afternoon everyone !! Happy Fall.

Boy do I have something good for all those Disney fans out there. Are you ready ?!!

The "Say Cheese" line from Simple Stories is simply wonderful, amazing, and perfect for all of your Disney photos and layouts.

I have a Disney layout to share with you today that I created for the Simple Stories blog. *You can also see it over there as well. Here is the link.*

During our last trip to Disneyland, back in 2012, we went for a whole week. As you can imagine there were a million photos. I divided some up into days but for this layout I gathered up all of the photos from Cars Land and put them together in one layout. 

Here is a look at both pages.



The first page has some photos of the kids meeting the "Cars" and riding rides.



To create the title card I chose a 4x6 journaling card from the Say Cheese SN@P collection. I started out with this "mickey ear outline", click the link to find the free mickey ears, and filled it in with black using photoshop. I wanted it look like it was faded into the background. It's real easy to do, use the opacity tool in photoshop to make it lighter. 



Here is a screenshot in photoshop that might point you in the right direction. Let me know if you have any questions.



After my ears were in place I added my title and then added this brush from Ali Edwards on the bottom. 
I finished it off with a few embellishments and called it done. 

These journaling cards are so great. I added a stamp, stickers and a star to the top of this one and finished it off with my journaling. Fast and easy yet it still looks good. My favorite combination. 



Here are some photos from our trip. 





The girls and I are in the red car on the Radiator Springs Racers.


Here is the second page.


The girls were sooooo over taking pictures at this point and this was the best one I got. They are sitting on the side of the "road" at Cars Land. Brush from here.  Also added a doodle line in photoshop and then added a star sticker.


This 4x4 square was already embellished for me, and I loved it !! So I added a strip of 2x4 photos to it and made it into a 4x6 card.

The tractor ride was by FAR the kids favorite. They still talk about it, and our trip was 2 years ago. We must of have rode it a million times. I didn't get any real good photos but I'm not too worried that they were all blurry.


This insta magic card was a favorite of mine when I looked through all of the cards. So I paired it with a instagram photo of the neon at night. I added a strip of vellum with some extra journaling I wanted to add in. I thought it would be fun to add some stickers underneath to try and highlights some words. 



This card on the left was real fun. I thought it would be fun to document our time spent in Card Land. 



The neon lights around Cars Land were so fun ! The whole street was lit up.


Well folks that's it for today. Now go and get those Disney photos scrapped. Cause we all know you have them !! I still have a ton to do, and I'm going to get some more done. This has inspired me to get some more Disney memories done.

If you'll excuse me I have a lunch date with my hubby to get ready for. 

Stay tuned tomorrow. I have another PL update for you. Yeah, right !!

No comments: