Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snow Day

I'm baaaaack !!

I want to share a few pages today all about snow and sledding.  For those of you back east, you should feel right at home !! HA HA, sorry I couldn't resist.

This one I did for an assignment for Becky Higgins.

Back in the beginning of 2015, we were visiting my parents. They live in a place that has a lot of snow. The kids love it.

I took them sledding a few different times while we were there but this particular time I took the "Big" camera and captured some fun photos.

I added them into my Project Life album right after my week 1. I just slipped it right in there and I love it. Aside from doing regular weeks I love to do themed pages.


Since I started my 2015 with January 1 I had a short first week. I used a smaller page protector and this left the perfect amount of space for our sledding pages.

I printed out the photo of Noah as a 6x8 size. To save paper I cropped the photo first to 6x8. Then I cropped the top part of the photo to 4x6. I printed that part and then hit the undo button on the photo. That put it back to the 6x8 size. I did the same thing on the bottom part and viola it is ready to go into the pockets.


I went with a simple title card. I used the snow digital brush from Ali Edwards and thickers to spell out DAY.


This shot was one of my favorites from that day. Noah had such a hard time climbing back up the hill after he sledded down. In the beginning he just about gave up on the whole idea of sledding and wanted to go home. I quickly went down and had to help him up the hill every time.


I took a lot of photos from that trip to the sledding park but I chose my favorites and printed them.


Here is my second favorite photo. See the journaling card below. I journaled about it on the card.


Journaling card about Maddie and her belly bogging. I also used a digital stamp from Stampin' Up on the photo.


Some photos.



Throughout my pages I used some of the overlays in the Heidi Swapp PL overlay value kit.


I went with hot pink and green accents throughout to help match my photos and I loved the end result.


I am glad to be back sharing again today. I now have more scrappin' to get done.




No comments: