Thursday, April 23, 2015

#myselfiescrapbook

Hello everyone !!

Recently I have embarked on a small project. Some of you may have heard about it, maybe through Instagram. It's called My Selfie Scrapbook. Or know as #myselfiescrapbook.

A few of my fellow Becky Higgins Project Life Creative Team members put together a class or a project all about YOU. I'm not going to go into all the details other than there are prompts from all of the contributors of the class, examples by a blog hop, and of course lots of examples and photos on instagram. Search for the hashtag #myselfiescrapbook.

Here are the links so you can check it all out and get all the details about this class.

You can find all the fun information on Jennifer Lakes blog.

Here is the introduction blog post.

I wanted to share my pages that I have completed so far.

For my album I chose this fabulous minty blue by We R Memory Keepers. It is a 4x4 size and it has been such a fun change.

Here is my title page. I used this brush from Ali Edwards. To embellish my page I doodled around the brush with my pen. I added some gold splatters for a fun look. My Story kit ( the magic one) from Ali Edwards had that amazing silkscreen and gold paint. So I thought I would put it to good use in this album.


To go along with my title page I wanted to journal about what this album was about and I also included some journaling about one of the photo prompts.

I used the "me" acrylic from one of the classes contributors. She makes fabulous products and her business is called Color Cast Designs. You should check her out !!

In my album I am going to be playing with these fun pocket pages that have 2x2 squares. The page on the right side has pictures of my hands. It was one of the photo prompts listed in the class.


Here is a close up. Underneath I used another Ali Edwards brush and you can find it below.

It's called Get Real Digital

One of the things I love about digital brushes is that you can customize them. In the past I have taken a single word from a digital brush and used it on a project. This time I took out the & sign from the original brush and replaced it the great script "and" word from the same brush set. I love to play around with these !!


More 2x2 pictures and 2 of the journaling cards about more of the photo prompts.

The other side is a photo of my favorite shirt. That was another photo prompt. I used a free template that is included as part of the class. You can find it here on the blog.

A few weeks ago I picked up some supplies for this album. I spotted some supplies from Heidi Swapp. I picked up both the clear pocket cards plus the foil pocket cards. I used one of the clear cards and cut it up to embellish in the corner.


One more photo prompt was called #fromwhereistand. Here are my pages using that photo prompt. You can find the #fromwhereistand brush for free on the blog post.



Here is a close up. I used the silkscreen again to put the word story on the bottom of my journaling card.


I did a few more pages to finish out all the journaling prompts. These ones are all about "my feet".


Here is a close up of the big page. I journaled on a tag and that was a fun thing to add. The word "hello" is also from Color Cast Designs.


To wrap up my blog post I have 2 more pages to finish out my journaling prompts up to this point. I have one that is all planned out and half done.

I plan on coming back and blogging more pages once I get some done. Yippeee.

I sure am loving this project. It has been a nice distraction from my regular Project Life pages.

I want to challenge everybody to make one of these albums. You owe it yourself. I feel like I am always the one behind the camera. It has been fun to be on the other side of the it.  I am looking forward to making more pages and taking some more fun pages in the coming month.


No comments: