Saturday, July 9, 2016

Disneyland here we come | Project Life

Hello everyone. I am so very excited to be sharing some of our families Disneyland adventures with you all. This past March we surprised the kids and took them down for a 3 day Disney Magic getaway. We told them we were heading to the beach but boy were they shocked when we drove by the Disneyland sign and parked at the hotel.

I have a confession. Ever since our trip to Disney there has been a couple empty page protectors waiting to be filled.  I knew I had some fun and precious photos waiting for me to do something special with. Fast forward to last week. I had this itch to go back to the beginning of my 2016 album and get a few of these "empty pages " filled in. I started with an insert that was empty then I flipped through a few more weeks and landed on the Disney empty ones. I said to myself, " Self, I know you wanted to spend some time to make these pages AMAZING but it hasn't happened yet. It's ok. Let it go, print the photos, write down those stories and in the end you will be happy. " So that is what I did. I didn't spend hours and hours on these spreads, instead I printed photos, played with the supplies I had, and in the end I love them. Okay anyways enough about me and my crazy ways. Let me get to the good stuff.

Here is what the whole spread looks like.


In my planning for what to do with all my photos I decided to fill two spread with random but wonderful photos. Then make a spread about Tomorrowland and Jedi training. And then a last one all about Cars Land. This spread is my first misc. spread which if you looked at it doesn't scream DISNEY and I am ok with that. The photos pretty much gave me a great color scheme and a place to start.



This title card came together easily. I went through my alphas and came across these sort of transparent red alphas. I added the chipboard piece from the Magic Story kit from Ali Edwards on the bottom with the date. This title card is from the Currently edition I believe.


Instead a crowded castle family photo I decided to get one of us all here by the beautiful blooming trees and the castle in the background.

The journaling card is from the GO Story Kit from AE. I added a little sticker from Simple Stories and the wood car.


One of the first things we did was upgrade the kids Mickey Ears. I was not surprised when all 3 of them choose BB-8.


On the bottom I added a few photos. One of them I added to one of the Story Kit cards. Loved the top part and thought a photo would be great on the bottom.



Let's move onto the right side. This side is mostly photos.


I added a few fun things to this photo of me and Katelyn's shadows.

The journaling card is all about a little story about the castle I didn't want to forget.


When we were having a bathroom break Maddie was so funny when she was looking over the map and instructing us on how we were going to go here and there.


Some more fun photos.


While we were there the trees where showing off with their beautiful Spring blooms.



One last pocket to talk about it this fun circle one. I started out with a card from the GO Story kit and cut out the circle from the card. I added this circle digital brush in photoshop and printed it out onto white cardstock. Then added the circle journaling bit. So in hindsight the Mickey balloon really doesn't go with much else but I loved it and wanted to use it. It is from the Simple Stories Say Cheese 2. The pink chipboard piece is from the Magic Story kit. I knew I wanted to use that kit when we went to Disney next. It is perfect.


I am so happy to have a start on my Disney photos. Stay tuned for the next Disney spread.  It is all finished and I will share soon. Thanks for sticking around everyone.


4 comments:

Kim Castillo said...

Love your pages! The shadow pic idea I'm going to totally steal when my friend and I go in 2 weeks and it would make for a great family pic when we return for thanksgiving. Also love the kids suitcases with the ears.

Mindi said...

Thank you very much Kim ! Enjoy your upcoming trip and soak in some magic for me. How fun ! We love Disneyland. Thanks for coming as well.

Sharon said...

Love seeing Disneyland through your eyes. I'll never get to visit it IRL (in real life), so it's a real treat for me. Thanks for sharing.

Mindi said...

Thanks Sharon ! I am glad to help you enjoy Disneyland a little bit, even if you can't go yourself. It is such a fun place.