Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Memorial Day Hike | Project Life Spread

Hello everyone ! It's me again checking in. How is everyone's summer ?

We as a family have wanted to start doing some hikes together. This past Memorial Day we made it happen. We drove up the canyon and were up the trail in no time.

I put together these pages using the New Kellie Stamps releases for July. Here is the link to her shop and the digital stamp set I used. Aren't they so much FUN ! I used a lot of them on my spread.



Here is what both pages look like.


Here is the title card. I started out with the Great Outdoors stamp from Kellie Stamps. I took the word  "the" from one of Ali Edwards brushes and added the gold star for a fun look. I used a few hints of gold throughout my spread for some consistency. The title card itself is from the Becky Higgins everyday collection.


 I had been saving this wood veneer piece for a project that we were all together and this one fit the bill. I added the letters MY to the card as well. One of the other colors I added in was green. There was lots of green in the photos and I wanted to make sure I had a little green here and there. I added the small green star onto the card as well.

I snuck in this photo of the rest of the family hiking up the steep trail. One thing I like to do lately is to leave a white border around my smaller photos to add more white space. It makes things look less busy in my opinion.

Before I printed out the picture I added the line of stars from the other set of digital stamp set released this month from Kellie Stamps.Underneath the stars I added another stamp from the set.



Here is a look at the left side. A few fun photos and journaling cards of course.


One of the digital stamps is the compass. I used photoshop to resize it to fit the space I needed for this first journaling card. I printed it out onto some vellum and cut around it to make a fun embellishment.

The other color in my spread that I wanted to use was this pretty blue. I used another filler card that I had and cut it so that I could use the corner. 


All the kids took their time finding the perfect climbing stick. During our hike Maddie kept wandering off to find ladybugs. I took a photo of her ladybug on her walking stick.

I used one of the digital stamps on the middle of the photo and added a few fun embellishments to the bottom. I positioned it right underneath the ladybug in hopes to draw your eye in to the ladybug. 


One more photo I want to mention about the left side. I loved this view that we had while we stopped for lunch. I added a digital brush and the pink and gold heart.


Let's move on to the right side now.

This top left photo was kind of great and kind of funny at the same time. Some of the kids were not in the mood to take photos. Trust me, I did not take that many. But I asked them to walk with me up the trail as I had set my remote on my phone. Well Katelyn purposely hid behind me and Maddie looks like a flamingo with only one leg down. Oh well. 


This fun wood veneer card I have had seriously forever. I finally put it to good use and made a filler card with it. I love seeing these flowers along the way. And don't get me started on the moss on the trees. SO COOL !


If I don't have enough photos or I need to add some more journaling into my spread I will add in a 4x6 journaling card. I made my own using some stickers, and this rubber word TODAY.

Another thing I like to do is to start out my journaling with a bold word or a word phrase. To draw your eye in so to speak, to add some more to the page.  I used the word " adventure" from the digital stamp set to start out my journaling.


These are the last cards from this spread I want to point out. I used another digital stamp onto the small 2x2 photo and made a cluster of embellishments. The other card I just love. I started with this fun circle digital stamp that I added in the small images on the top and bottom, adding in the year with letter stickers.

The pink flower is actually an overlay from the Heidi Swap September Skies Value Kit. I added a few embellishments onto the top of the overlay piece.


Here is one more look at the right side.


We sure had fun hiking and I look forward to doing it again. I also loved working with this digital stamp set from Kellie Stamps. Go check out her shop, lots of great things.

Thanks for coming everyone ! Take Care now.

No comments: