Friday, July 15, 2016

Patio upgrade | Project Life insert

I thought I would check in today with a short blog post/share.

This one is a little story about how I wanted to add a few fun items to the front porch. Nothing big or amazing but I wanted to document it. It all happened in a very busy week, with lots of photos. So I added in an insert. I have to finish up the other side of the insert still but this side is done.


I cut down a regular page protector to use. Although there is a page protector called Design H I believe that is the same configuration.

The top pocket holds a photo of me, my new rug, and my flower pot. I really wanted to get a photo of all of it together and I love it.

In that white space on the right side of the photo I added in a digital brush from Ali Edwards garden set.  On the top I added in those little flowers. In the other corner I added a flower die cut piece and a wood veneer piece from the Cathy Z. value PL kit. One last thing I added to the top of the photo was an overlay from a Becky PL kit. I think it was High Five.


Here are the middle pockets that I added in a photo and a journaling card. I used the newer Simple Stories collection called Bloom & Grow. It is full of wonderful spring/grow/gardeny type stuff. Yes, gardeny ! Oh and a lot of gnomes.

I used this gnome journaling card to tell my little DIY porch update. In the top corner I added a few layers starting with a small doily, a red banner sticker from the collection, a digital word that I cut out from Ali Edwards, and a cork piece.


On the other side is a photo of my new pillows. I added a few journaling strips and a few embellishments.


The bottom photo is one that I took of my newly planted flowers.

I really loved the circle that the flower pot made. I used it to add in the word bloom. I knew I wanted to add something else to this photo and so I fiddled around with a few things but this cross stitched heart die cut piece was perfect. I added a few sticker strips and another cork piece.


That concludes this post. I am glad that I can share this insert with you today. I will be on vacation for the next couple of weeks and hope to check in here and there while I am away. Hopefully I can get some down time while I am vacationing to blog. Crossing my fingers. Take care everyone.


2 comments:

Sharon said...

Lovely pics.

Mindi said...

Thank you very much Sharon ! I had fun that day.