Saturday, August 27, 2016

Eat More Cake | Kellie Stamp PL page

Hello, hello everyone !

I am so happy to be here today with you all. I have a small birthday page to share with you that I created about my birthday last year. This page was created for the Kellie Stamps Creative Team using the clear stamp set called EAT MORE CAKE.

You can find it in her shop here.


Here is what the whole project looks like. It turned out that I had a half of a 12x12 side empty last year in my Project Life album. It was perfect for adding in this page about my birthday.


I made this simple title card. Since it wasn't a regular week page I stamped out the Happy Birthday and cut it out to put onto the silver doily.


The color scheme came together rather easily this time. The blues, yellows with a hint of pinks really were so fun to play and create with.


Most of these cards are from the Studio Calico kit called Pool Party. I loved that cute dog card and I had to use it.

The next card is a card that I added some digital stamps to the bottom. The colors were perfect for this page.

The bottom photo is of my cake. This cake, or the type of cake is very special to me. It has always been tradition to get a birthday cake from a bakery that my grandparents used to live by. My mom would order one every year and we love it. It's delicious and tradition. I love that whenever she is in town for a birthday she brings one all the way from UTAH.


So this photo of me with my cake is kind of awesome ! I don't want to brag but I love it. I typically do not have photos of me with my birthday cake, its usually me taking the photos. So I loved to add it in my album. I added a digital brush from the set.


My parents were here in town visiting last year so we went out to dinner. I snapped a photo in the bathroom mirror. Kind of fun. The colors were bad so that I turned it black and white. I think that it ties in with the darker photo.

The card on the right side shows how old I am. I wanted to play with numbers and kind of show how old I was turning. Yikes, how did I get that old. I certainly don't feel that old. Oh well. That is life. But I thought it would be fun to use those white numbers and then add in the colored ones. I felt that the card needed some color so I cut the blue paper and added it onto the corner. Lastly I stamped " It's Your Day " onto the photo of our Jamba juice cups photo.



That is it for me today. I am happy to have created this page just for me. I have plans to use this stamp set for a birthday party we had for the girls a few years ago. I can't wait to get started on that. Take care everyone.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Super fun layout! Especially love the pocket with the little white and blue numbers! Great way to indicate the age of the birthday person. Going to have to start doing more little square photos too. Love how that looks! Hope you are getting in some scrap time now that the kids are back in school.

Mindi said...

Thanks so much Shawn !! I love the card with the numbers on it too. It was fun to create. Yes, try some square photos. I am usually not a fan of small photos. But sometimes They do look good on the smaller cards. So I will do it here and there. He He. Oh yes, I am scrapping up a storm. This week I think I might have done so much that I got burned out and so I did some cleaning in my house. LOL. I hope you are getting some scrappy time too.