Sunday, December 4, 2016

December Daily Day 2 | 2016

How's everyone's December going so far ?

I've got Day 2 of my December Daily album done. It's a single page and has two small stories to it. Here is what the whole thing looks like.


Maddie came home from school insisting that we must go to Target to get her an elf costume. She has the part of elf #2 in the class play at school. It seemed fitting that she was the #2 elf and this was December 2. I told her that would work something out for her costume because Target most likely does not have an elf costume. Since I didn't have a photo to go along with the story I used one I had taken the day before of her and Rudolph the reindeer.


I used this yellow journaling card from the main DD kit to start out. I added the number 2 circle I had cut out of a studio calico card. I wanted to add some other sort of journaling onto the card so I added this cluster of stickers, stamps, and stuff.


Here is a close up of the photo. 


The second thing I wanted to add to this day was a little bit of journaling about how I did some prep work, planning, etc. to try and get a jump on the holiday. I really do like these gold messy circles that are in the main kit but I think I have FOC or fear of circles. They have always been hard for me to use. I decided to add it in the middle of this cute red card and journal on the bottom part. 


I thought I'd try and add in the Christmas prep saying into the circle somehow. I think it turned out cute, maybe a little busy but I like it. I used a clear photo sticker from Simple Stories and then added small white letter stickers. I added a few more stickers to the card and called it done. 


At first I really didn't know what to do for this day. I played around with a few other things, debated on what to include for day 2. In the end it is done and I'm moving on. Day 3 is next and it's all about picking out our Christmas tree. 

See you all back here soon. Happy Holidays everyone ! 





No comments: