Saturday, January 14, 2017

Project Life Week 46 | 2016 | Quilted Hearts

Hello, hello everyone.

I am so excited to be sharing a Project Life spread with you all today. This particular spread is from Week 46 of 2016. I am nowhere near finished with my 2016 PL album yet so I am always grateful to get a week completed. 

A while back I was asked by the fabulous duo of Tori Bissell and Theresa Moxley if I would create something with their first digital collection. They were starting a company called A Scrap Explosion. 

Here is a link to the website and shop. Please go check it out. They have journaling cards, digital papers, and cut files.

The ladies over at Scrap Explosion are doing a giveaway over on their blog starting right now. So please head on over there to enter to win the whole collection. Yippee !! Here is the link for entering.

https://www.scrapexplosion. com/blogs/blog

Their first collection is called Quilted Hearts. Here is what it all looks like.



The colors are great. Lots of pinks, yellows, and blues. I went through my un scrapped photos and found some that would work with the colors in the collection. 

So let's get started. Here is what my spread looks like. 


I am loving these white rubber months that are in the Studio Calico kits. I knew that I wanted to use it for my title card. The card I chose is a light grey pattern paper, which is hard to see in these photos. 

Oh I want to mention that I printed all of my journaling cards from the digital kits. This time I printed on regular cardstock but I want to pick up some presentation paper and try that out. I have heard that the colors are better and they turn out great. 

I added some of the digitals underneath the November piece. Since the card was a lighter color and the November was white I thought that it needed some color. 


No we do not have a cat but there are plenty of animals in the neighborhood that we don't need one. LOL. But seriously, we have these darling neighbor cat that likes to hang out around our front porch. I don't mind it at all. She is super friendly and cute ! She loves belly and eat rubs. So I took a few photos so that we would remember Sabby in case she finds another random family to go hang out with. Ha Ha. Anyways. 

This first card is all about Sabby. I added that cute cat piece from a Studio Calico kit along with the navy blue word strip. The next photo is of a gorgeous sunset that we watched as we drove home one night. 


This yellow journaling card has some journaling about our quick Krispie Kreme visit one night. This particular card was one the last ones that I completed and I had this feeling that it was missing something. So I added that blue banner from the digital cut outs. Then I added a few more things onto the banner to finish off the card. 


Let's move on to the other side now. 


This white journaling card was so fun to put together. I used one of the cut files from the collection and printed it off onto vellum. ( the black heart outline) I placed some hearts on the journaling card so that you could see them underneath the vellum piece. 


It turned out that this whole side ended up being about Katelyn and her robotics scrimmage. Which was perfect since I was all out of photos anyways. 


Katelyn is currently in the robotics program at school. They had a scrimmage at school that weekend. I added the word robotics to that blue card and added my journaling underneath. 


During the scrimmage each team had a chance to go into the Ring and score points. It was so fun to watch the girls navigate their Robot and figure it all out. 


I want to thank Tori & Theresa for this invitation to create with their beautiful products. It was so fun. 

Until Next Time. 

No comments: